Possible Spoilers and definite rambling ahead.
Is Two Worlds 2 set on the other side of the planet or did Gandohar just decide to wipe out all civilization on the mainland and turn it into a toxic wasteland for the lulz? Is the the second of the eponymous two worlds? Both of these games drop so many story threads and plot hooks it isn't even funny, both of them felt like different authors contributed a small portion without consulting each other, and then all quit part way through.
- What happened to the Paladins?
- What happened to the Flame?
- Why don't we ever get to have any meaningful interaction with Dwarves, or even see an Elf?
- Was there ever any kind of villainous organization or was it just Gandohar and Reist screwing around?
- Why does nobody mention what happened to Ashos? Did they change the story: I thought it was overrun by orcs because the Hero took the McGuffin out of the temple, but now it seems as if it was destroyed twenty-five years before the second game by Gandohar.
- What is Verita? Is it related to the taint?
- Hey, I helped create an army of Verita golems; why do they proceed to vanish from the plot?
- What is Gandohar's motivation anyways? They tried to half-ass a "he had good intentions all along," motif five minutes before the end of the game.
There's more and more and more...ugh.